Sunday, May 3, 2015

Wheels Down in Ho Chi Minh City

We just got off the plane in Ho Chi Minh City. It’s unbelievable. I have to keep reminding myself that this is actually happening and that I am actually here. The flight wasn't too bad in the end. I have never been on a flight more than about five hours so sixteen was a big jump. Early in the flight I woke up hoping it had been at least two or three hours and looked at my watch to find it had only been about 45 minutes. Although this didn't bode well for me dealing with another fifteen hours in the air, the rest wasn't a big deal. It seemed to actually pass pretty quickly and before I knew it, we were in Hong Kong.

Even though I have never traveled internationally, I was still shocked by how good at it I was especially compared to some of the people I saw on our flight to Hong Kong...Some people are absolutely ridiculous.


The Hong Kong airport was actually really cool. I had always heard it’s a nice airport to fly through and now I see why. The one weird thing about it was that we had to go through security again once we got off the plane and we had to have our carry-on bags looked through when we got on the flight to Ho Chi Minh City. I wasn't expecting any of this but I guess it’s pretty customary. We had about a three and a half hour layover there and that time went by fast. The flight from Hong Kong to Ho Chi Minh City seemed like nothing compared to the flight from Chicago to Hong Kong. It was only about two hours take off to touch down and that flew by. As soon as I stepped outside the airport I started to sweat. Even at 12:30 AM its hot and extremely humid.

No comments:

Post a Comment